Advertising is expensive, and if your web site doesn’t convert visitors who come as a result of the ad, you’re throwing away good money.
Here’s your checklist for fixing your site:
- Set up a specific landing page for your HARO ad (or for any other ad…). Don’t make people look around for a download link.
- Since you know people are arriving from a certain ad, greet them. Point them toward your resource.
- Have a very clear value proposition. Don’t expect them to have read your ad carefully.
- Make sure you have something to give them. A free download is great. Or a premium in exchange for signing up for your newsletter. You’re unlikely to get a big sale straight off an ad, and if you don’t have a secondary offer, like a free newsletter subscription, you’ve likely lost that viewer forever.
- Make sure everything works. Is the download painless? Is everything clear? Remember, you don’t get a second chance.
- Make sure the site works on mobile devices. With more and more people reading their e-mail on the go, your only chance at someone may be when they’re using a mobile web browser. If they can’t read your value proposition and respond, you’ve wasted your money.
Need an expert’s opinion?
I’d be happy to take a look at your ad and your site. I’ll provide detailed feedback and a half-hour phone consultation. You’ll walk away knowing exactly what you need to fix, and how.
The (introductory) price for this “pre-advertising site check” service is $95. And if your site doesn’t have problems, I’ll refund everything but $15.
Either way you’ll be able to move forward confidently, knowing your advertising investment has the best chance of paying off.
Buy it now with PayPal (remember, no PayPal account required).
All site reviews must be paid in advance. (But of course you should feel free to contact me with any questions before you pay for the service.)